Musings about things that interest a "Geezer Gadget Geek" who also happens to enjoy some of the finer things in life that liberty in a free country makes possible.

Monday, October 19, 2009

The Android Revolution is exploding! 12 Phones strong and growing in number - just like the PC revolution of the 1980's or the Linux revolution of the 1990's! This is good - very very good indeed.

Open source has always been a better choice for a number of reasons but the most important one, of course, is that it allows people - empowering individuals - to apply their own talents towards improving the system for everyone else.

Of course, mine is not an unbiased opinion, since I am a co-author of a book on the Android powered cell phone - but be that as it may, the system is growing in popularity and that is making me a very happy man. Viva 'la Android!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Hillsboro, Missouri, United States


I am a netizen of the world. I enjoy fresh air, fine wines, rural scenery, classical music, eBooks, and interacting with the other netizens of the world.

I look forward every day to waking up, writing code, and learning new things.