Musings about things that interest a "Geezer Gadget Geek" who also happens to enjoy some of the finer things in life that liberty in a free country makes possible.

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

LINUX - Stand Up and Be Counted!

I've been a Linux user since November, 1996 and am a huge fan of other Open Source software as well. No surprise there, eh? Well, here is an opportunity for Linux users to stand up and be counted. Visit this website and fill out all of the information that you can in order to join up and provide the advocates of Linux useful information on who and where we are...

Linux Counter

Linux is my preferred operating system on many of my computers - Red Hat on my work server, Ubuntu on most of my workstation machines, Android on my cell-phone, etc. As a programmer and a writer, I find that the platform is GREAT because there is so much that can be learned from studying the code that other programmers have written. I encourage anyone who wants to become a better programmer to download, install, modify, and play with the Linux source code - you'll learn a lot and have a boatload of fun doing so!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Hillsboro, Missouri, United States


I am a netizen of the world. I enjoy fresh air, fine wines, rural scenery, classical music, eBooks, and interacting with the other netizens of the world.

I look forward every day to waking up, writing code, and learning new things.