Musings about things that interest a "Geezer Gadget Geek" who also happens to enjoy some of the finer things in life that liberty in a free country makes possible.

Monday, June 1, 2009

A New Laptop Computer!

I purchased a new Laptop / Notebook computer today, a HP DV7-2040US computer powered by a Quad-Core processor, the Intel Core 2 Quad processor Q9000, with 4 GB of RAM and 500 GB SATA hard disk. I'm looking forward to having it delivered by next Tuesday, and plan on making it a tri-boot machine, just like my HP Workstation is. (Windows Vista, Ubuntu Linux 9.04, and my custom OS.) Since this will be my first Quad-core machine, I look forward to getting my custom OS to run on the L2 cache of all four cores, and work on inter-core communication protocols. Yes, I am very much looking forward to getting involved in the multi-core, parallel-processing arena too.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Hillsboro, Missouri, United States


I am a netizen of the world. I enjoy fresh air, fine wines, rural scenery, classical music, eBooks, and interacting with the other netizens of the world.

I look forward every day to waking up, writing code, and learning new things.